We connect deeply in community by purposefully and regularly by
- Engaging with each other through challenging conversation
- Opening our doors and our minds to people with diverse viewpoints
- Sharing our activities with each other and with the local community
We inspire reverence and spiritual growth by consciously
- Bridging differences in theological perspective, cultural or racial background, age or state in life, and ability in our worship services
- Providing church members and friends opportunities to participate in worship
- Weaving together multiple modes of communication through the use of a multi-sensory approach to worship
We serve each other, our local community, and the world by religiously
- Providing support to those experiencing hardship or distress
- Working for social justice by standing on the side of love
- Being active stewards of our environment
We pursue lifelong learning together by actively
- Providing thought-provoking learning experiences for all ages
- Encouraging respectful exploration and discussion of multi-faceted issues.
The vision of the First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh is to aspire to:
- Build community: strengthen and broaden our local Unitarian Universalist community.
- Nurture souls: offer diversity in worship and religious education opportunities.
- Cultivate justice: expand our collective, visible effective acts on social justice issues.