Our program currently consists of several recurring offerings supporting life stages and Unitarian Universalist identity; we also host a variety of special programs based on those being offered in the surrounding community, special interest expressed by members, or other opportunities. We strive to schedule our programming to accommodate the differing needs of families, young adults, students, and older adults.
- Religion & Spirituality: Recurring and one-time programs on Unitarian Universalism, spiritual practices, world religions, and other related topics.
- Congregational Life: Live and online trainings, and programs and curricula on being welcoming, identity affirmation, beloved community, stewardship, activism, congregational safety, what it means to be a member of First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh, and many other topics.
- Regional Opportunities: Events and offerings from the Central East Region (CER) or the UUs of Greater Pittsburgh cluster.
- Denomination-Wide Opportunities: Denomination-wide events, opportunities, and resources.
- Proposals for Adult Programs: Most of our adult programs are facilitated or organized by individuals and groups with a common interest! Have an idea, or want to be involved in creating a book or other learning interest group? Submit a proposal!
Child care is frequently offered, or can be requested with one week's advance notice if not. This service is offered free of charge to our community as part of our ministry to everyone at every life stage!
If you have any additional needs you would like facilitators or staff to know about, such as mobility issues or learning style accommodations, please let us know and we will do our best to make sure everyone has access to lifespan faith development at our church.