Dear First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh member,
The goal of your minister and staff is to work within the limitations of the current situation, and to find the possibilities within those limitations, including expanded opportunities to be together in new ways using technology. Some things that are going on:
▪ Your Director of Lifespan Religious Education, Erica Shadowsong, is planning exciting and engaging curriculum offerings for children, youth, and adults, expecting to connect with Zoom at least through the fall.
▪ Your music staff, Ellen Gozion and Kris Rust, are finding ways to directly involve more congregants in the musical elements of our worship services, including slide shows, Zoom productions, and sing-alongs.
▪ Plans are underway to include more guest speakers in our worship services using recorded videos.
▪ Five potential new members attended an “Introduction to Unitarian Universalism” session by Zoom this past Sunday. Next steps are an orientation toward membership session, booksigning, and covenanting with the congregation, all by Zoom, for those who decide to join the congregation.
▪ An Engagement Team is forming, with the charge to plan activities and help congregants connect with the church and with each other. If you are interested in joining this team, please contact me at Constance.L.Grant@gmail.com. Let’s continue to explore the possibilities that are open to us!
Rev. Connie Grant, Interim Minister