Updated October 19, 2022
First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh welcomes everyone as we strive to be radically inclusive and keep our most vulnerable safe during a chronic Coronavirus pandemic.
The following applies to church activities and therefore does not apply to rentals.
1. Everyone must wear a mask* and be vaccinated and boosted, as eligible, while in the building. It is expected that people use KN95 or equivalent.
a. Exceptions are made while eating during approved events in approved spaces (see below).
2. The church’s HVAC/ventilation system must be on during church services in the sanctuary.
3. All three HEPA units must be on during gatherings in the Undercroft, and one HEPA unit in the Schweitzer Room.
4. Proof of vaccination is required during CDC Community Level for Allegheny County is red/high.
a. Proof must be provided upon each entry to the church or by electing to have their vaccination status stored by the church in Breeze.
5. When the CDC Community Level for Allegheny County is green/low or yellow/medium, consumption of food and drinks are allowed in the Undercroft Gallery and/or Schweitzer, and a sign must be posted at the entrances: “Entering an unmasked area.”
6. The LRED is authorized to set more stringent standards for religious education activities.
7. If you are ill or have recently been ill with symptoms of Covid-19, or if you have been in contact with someone who has, or may have, Covid-19, please join us from home via the live-stream, instead of attending in person.
This policy supersedes any and all conflicting prior Board-approved policies relating to church activities during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Per Rev. Walker, attendance in the Sanctuary on Sunday morning is limited to 100, but pre-registration is not required at this time.
*Speakers in the Sanctuary and staff during weekday hours are exempt