Effective Immediately, masking is optional for all church events. Here’s the revised attendance policy adopted April 19, 2023, by the First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh Board of Directors.
First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh welcomes everyone as we strive to be radically inclusive and keep our most vulnerable safe during a chronic Coronavirus pandemic. The following applies to church activities.
- Masking is optional, but highly recommended. We ask that all who enter the building
are vaccinated and boosted, as eligible. If you choose to mask, we highly recommend
KN95, KFN95 or equivalent.
- If the CDC raises the Community Level for Allegheny County to red/high, masking will be
required, and proof of vaccination must be offered either upon entry to the church, or
by uploaded into the church Breeze database.
- The church’s HVAC/ventilation system must be on during church services in the
- All three HEPA units must be on during gatherings in the Undercroft, and one HEPA unit
in the Schweitzer Room.
- The LRED is authorized to set more stringent standards for religious education activities.
- If you are ill, or have recently been ill with symptoms of Covid-19, or if you have been in
contact with someone who has, or may have Covid-19, please join us from home via the
live-stream, instead of attending in person.
This policy supersedes any and all conflicting prior Board-approved policies relating to church
activities during the Covid-19 pandemic.