Volunteer Opportunities with Children & Youth
The religious education program relies on volunteers to help welcome and nurture our families with children and youth, but it is also an extremely active, engaged, and friendly community within the church that offers many rewards. Teaching volunteers often find their own personal learning greatly enriched through the lessons and stories offered. Our children and youth develop healthy relationships with people from different ages and backgrounds. Volunteers also make friends or get connected to people with similar interests by working on a team and getting to know parents.
All parents or caregivers with minors in any of the programs are required to volunteer for 4 hours over the course of the year for their participation. Volunteering is easy and low-key, and is a great way to get and stay connected! Besides teaching, there are many other varied volunteer opportunities.
Please contact the LRED at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering as a teacher or facilitator, would like to know more about specific positions, or have questions about volunteering in general!
Fill out our volunteer interest form!
Requirements for anyone working with children or youth:
- For Our Whole Lives, Coming of Age, or High School youth, be aged 25+
- Must have up-to-date clearances and background check prior to teaching. Clearances can be obtained through and are paid for by the church. Copies of current clearances are allowed.
- Must be a member of the church or have attended regularly for at least 6 months. (Exceptions may be made for those coming from prior congregations).
- For Our Whole Lives or Coming of Age, must be a member of the church
- Attend volunteer orientation. If you are unable to attend, establish a time to make-up with the LRED.
- Regular and prompt communication with teaching team members and the LRED
- The LRED reserves the right to approve or decline any volunteer applicant according to best practices and professional judgment.