The UUA is seeking someone from the Pittsburgh area to serve as the 2023 Local Area Coordinator (LAC) for General Assembly. General Assembly will be held June 21-25 2023 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
Tasks of the Local Area Coordinator include:
* recruiting local UUs to serve on the Local Area Task Force (LATF) and facilitate training
* assisting in recruiting volunteers prior to GA, training them during GA, and ensuring that each is carrying out assignments
* chairing meetings of the entire LATF before and during GA (as needed)
* serving as a liaison between host city/wider UU area and the GA Planning Committee and/or General Assembly and Conference Services (GACS) office
* educating the host area as planning for GA commences; promoting interest and enthusiasm within the host area for participating in GA.
Skills should include the ability to recruit and organize volunteers, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to remain calm in the midst of chaos. Being a non-anxious presence is key.
Please send an email of interest to LaTonya Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org