Sign up for book groups and peruse other opportunities to deepen your Unitarian Universalist faith.
Book Groups: Recommended reading for 2022 – 23
The following books engage with our church wide resolution to spend a year studying and discerning environmental justice issues and how we can be of service in our surrounding communities as well as the world. These books help us explore the issues at the intersections of both intellectual learning and spiritual and emotional nurturing.
Sign up for book groups here!
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Salsa, Soul, and Spirit: Leadership for a Multicultural Age by Juana Bordas
- Justice on Earth: People of Faith Working at the Intersections of Race, Class, and the Environment edited by Manish Mishra-Marzetti, Jennifer Nordstrom
- The Animals’ Agenda Freedom, Compassion, and Coexistence in the Human Age by Marc Bekoff
- When Time is Short: Finding Our Way in the Anthropocene by Timothy K. Beal
- A God That Could Be Real: Spirituality, Science, and the Future of Our Planet by Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nancy Ellen Abrams
- Defund Fear: Safety Without Policing, Prisons, and Punishment by Zach Norris
- Not for Ourselves Alone Theological Essays on Relationship edited by Laurel Hallman, Burton D. Carley