August 19-21, 2022
The Jubilee-3 is a Zoom-based diversity training for this moment in time. It is unlike any other!
Ten people from our congregation have attended over the past year. We can attest that it is eye-opening, powerful, intense, and inspiring all at once. The experience will allow you to meet and interact with UUs from around the country and to get to know the facilitators, who are all gifted UUs of color that we are so fortunate to have in our denomination.
PLEASE CONSIDER TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THIS OPPORTUNITY!
Financial support to partially or fully cover the registration fee is available as needed. Financial support to cover childcare during Jubilee-3 is also available if this would enable your participation.
Email RacialJustice@first-unitarian-pgh.org with your interest and/or to request a Jubilee-3 grant.
You Are Invited to Participate in Jubilee Three Anti-Racism Training: Learning Together About Systemic Racism, Acclaimed Program, Experienced Trainers
Do you wish to deepen your understanding of how race and ethnicity play out in our institutions and our daily lives? Are you ready to take a leading role in nurturing a multicultural future in the face of opposing cultural currents? Come Join Us for this Life-Changing Weekend!
Please note all times are Eastern, this is an online training, and all are welcome.
• Friday, August 19th – 6:00pm to 9:00pm ET
• Saturday, August 20th – 9:00 am to 8:00 pm ET
• Sunday, August 21st – 12:00pm to 6:30 ET
Weekend Activities: The training includes presentations, discussions, videos, exercises, and small group work. This 2 ½ day workshop is open to anyone who wants to journey toward making a stand against racism. Church members and church leaders of any faith, as well as non-church members, are all welcome!
Our Goals are:
• To develop a shared analysis of racism and its individual, institutional, and cultural manifestations, and
• To begin to apply this common understanding to the history, culture, and institutional structure of our society and to envision the next steps in taking action.
Agenda Topics Include:
• The history of racism and resistance to racism in the Americas
• Defining racism
• The effects of racism on people of color and on white people
• Dismantling racism
• Claiming and shaping an anti-racist identity
Trainers are Paula Cole Jones, Dr. Leon Spencer, and Lutricia Callair.
Enrollment is limited so sign up today! $170 per participant, $85 for a second or third person in the same household. First-person must register at $170 for subsequent family members to receive the discount.
There is a limit of 70 participants for this training. The deadline is August 17, 2022.